Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of Savvy Frugality. I started writing this blog as a means of sharing my tightwad lifestyle of frugal living with others. I have received some great feedback and "met" a lot of really cool, like-minded people over the past year as a result.

As I have mentioned in the past, I did not start Savvy Frugality as a money-making venture, but rather a way of honing my writing skills and imparting some frugal living tips based upon my own experience. I have flirted with the idea of writing a "Savvy Frugality" book, along the lines of "The Tightwad Gazette". That my yet happen, if I ever find the time. For now, I am content writing Savvy Frugality.

The readership of Savvy Frugality has doubled over the past six months versus the first six months of this blog's existence. Either the readers really enjoy Savvy Frugality, or the economy has send many Google searchers my way, or a combination of both. I would like to think people enjoy reading Savvy Frugality and appreciate the information they find here.

Here is a list of the ten most popular articles on Savvy Frugality since it first got its humble start one year ago. Perhaps some of your favorites are listed here.

1. Grow Your Own Recession Victory Garden. I think a lot of people have started to offset their increasing food budget by growing some of their own food.

2. The Savvy Frugality Recession Survival Guide. Very good information considering the current state of the economy.

3. Little Things Mean a Lot. It is those small expenses that will catch up with you over time.

4. Why I Chose a Life of Savvy Frugality. This is an early entry which explains why I adopted my current lifestyle of frugal living. I really got personal with this one.

5. Ten Lessons from a One Income Family. I'll admit, it wasn't easy making the transition from a two-income family to one. Many families find themselves in this situation, which is why I think this article is in the Top Five.

6. Pawn Shops Doing Brisk Business in a Sluggish Economy. Just one more sign that families are struggling to keep pace with their household expenses.

7. Wal-Mart Expands its $4 Generic Drugs List. A good, handy reference guide to getting cheap prescription drugs at Wal-Mart.

8. Clutter Costs Money. Unpaid bills could be hiding under those piles of paper.

9. Bad Economic Times on the Way? Savvy Frugality first sounded the alarm last September. I hate it when I'm right about things like this.

10. Say Goodbye to Starbucks. Savvy Frugality pointed out the cheaper java alternatives out there, and made the point that paying $4 for a cup of coffee is just plain stupid. Judging by the fact that Starbucks is currently closing hundreds of stores, plenty of other people have figured that out, too.

I think it is amazing that the reach of Savvy Frugality is truly worldwide. There are readers in the U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Malaysia, Spain and France, along with the thousands of readers in the United States. I appreaciate each and every reader who chooses to spend a few minutes of their day reading Savvy Frugality, and I look forward to continuing to write and share with you over the next year.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 25, 2008 at 1:30 AM  

    Congratulations on your first anniversary! Way to go! I enjoy reading your entries. Here’s one great cost savings tip... call 1-800-411-SAVE for all your directory assistance needs. It’s completely free and live operators help you unlike some other free services!

Related Posts with Thumbnails