I always look forward to the day after Thanksgiving. No, it's not for the Black Friday specials. I leave that insanity to my wife, who thrives on fighting fellow shoppers for deals. I like the day after Thanksgiving because of the LEFTOVERS! I'm one of those people who feels the Thanksgiving goodies like turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes are even better the second or third time around.

You don't have to be content with merely warming this stuff up in the microwave. You can give these ingredients a great second life by turning them into something else even more tasty. Here are a few things I do with my leftover bird (after all, who wants to waste good food?):

Turkey ala King (this is GREAT over egg noodles)
Turkey Noodle Soup (don't throw away the carcass of that bird. It make fantastic broth)
Turkey sandwiches (I like to heat up the turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes and put it between two slices of thick wheat bread spread with homemade cranberry sauce. Mmmm!)
Turkey salad
Turkey Pot Pie (great way to use up those leftovers!

Do you have any good recipes for using using up that leftover turkey? We'd love to hear them!

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails