This week's Festival of Frugality over at beingfrugal.net takes on a Super Bowl theme this week, appropriately enough. My team, the Green Bay Packers, did make it to the Super Bowl, so I didn't watch what has been called one of the best bowl games in recent history...perhaps the best ever. Oh well.

There is still some great reading at the festival. My post on The Savvy Frugality Recession Survival Guide was included this week. Here are my picks from the rest of the field, which are better than my Super Bowl bets:

Being Frugal Isn’t Being a Miser at Credit Withdrawal. Amen, brother. That's a central theme here at Savvy Frugality.

Cheap Healthy Party Food at Cheap Healthy Good. Where was this list during the holidays, before I gained 10 pounds? These recipes sound good, but I'm still addicted to Cheetos.

The Two Income Trap - Book Review at Four Pillars. Wisdom from The Great White North. My family has lived in a one-income household for nearly two years now. It hasn't always been easy, but we've made it work. The key: I do other things one the side, besides my 9 to 5. One should always diversify their income, just in case.

12 Strategies for Saving Money While Paying Your Bills at The Digerati Life. Great advice here. Definitely worth book marking!

3 comments

  1. Anonymous // February 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM  

    Thanks for the mention, I hate those people that think just because you scale back your spending, that you're becoming a hermit that saves their own hair or somesuch.

    Stuff has a life of it's own when you get too much. Get rid of the stuff, get rid of the debt, and you get rid of the problems.

  2. Anonymous // February 9, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

    Thanks a lot for the link!!

    Mike

  3. T // February 10, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

    Thanks for the great posts! Keep them coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails